DIPLOMA IN FIRE PROTECTION & SAFETY TECHNOLOGY
The course aims to train the students in successful saving of lives and property in the event of an incident, to develop and harmonize knowledge of Fire and Rescue services. The course prepares the students for employment or higher level of learning, transportation and handling of hazardous substances, hose and hose fitting, pumps and primers, building construction, fire alarms, foam compounds, Donning of Breathing Apparatus radiation standard tests, fire prevention investigation and consultancy
The course content includes; Administration of rescue and fire services, Emergency preparedness, Location and design of a fire station, rescue and fire appliances, communication and alerting systems, extinguishing agents, emergency drills, protective clothing and respiratory equipment, Human and Material resource Management, categories of fires, First Aid.
The programme is continuously assessed with emphasis on practical demonstration of Fire protection and safety technology conforming to:-
• Industrial Standards
• I.C.A.O Standards
• The Institution of Fire Engineers (UK) examinations. This exam is compulsory for all students and is held in March of every year.
• High School with grade C- (Minus) for Diploma and D for certificate. Students with lower KCSE grades can also be admitted after successfully passing the institute’s aptitude test.
• New recruits, serving firemen and safety officers
• Students must be healthy and physically able to undergo strenuous exercises.
Achievements at the end of the Course
• Institute’s certificate of course completion
• St. John’s Ambulance First Aid Certificate
• The Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) Levels.
Preliminary-IFE level 2-Certificate
Intermediate-IFE level 3-certificate
Graduate- IFE level 3 -Diploma
Membership-IFE level 4-Certificate
• 1½ Years for Diploma and 1 year for Certificate 15 hours per week.
Career opportunities for successful graduates exist in Municipal, Oil Companies, Airports, Ports, Armed Forces Industrial Fire Brigades or Loss Assessor Companies where they may be employed as fire officers, Safety Officers, Fire Prevention Officers, Investigation Officers or Loss Assessors.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY